Compression springs are a type of spring used to resist compression. This means that compression springs are used to absorb the force applied to them. Compression springs are made from a variety of materials, including steel, stainless steel, titanium, and plastic.
Production of compression springs
Sigma is a company that manufactures compression and other springs. Our company has many years of experience in manufacturing compression springs for a wide range of applications.
- Made-to-measure compression springs: We design and manufacture compression springs to suit your specific needs.
- Supply and sale of standard compression springs: We offer a wide selection of standard compression springs that are readily available.
- Compression springs repair and maintenance: Repair or maintain your compression springs to ensure their longevity.
Sigma is a reliable partner that can provide quality compression springs for your needs. Contact us today to learn more about our services.
Types of compression springs
Compression springs can be classified according to a variety of factors, including:
- Material: As we have already mentioned, compression springs can be made of different materials, with each material having its own advantages and disadvantages. Steel is the most common material used to make compression springs, because it is relatively cheap and has good strength. Stainless steel is more expensive than steel, but it is more resistant to corrosion. Titanium is light and has excellent strength, but it is very expensive. Plastic is the cheapest material used to make compression springs, but it has the lowest strength.
- Wire diameter: The wire diameter of a spring affects its strength and resistance to deformation. Springs with a larger wire diameter are stronger and more resistant to deformation than springs with a smaller wire diameter.
- Number of turns: The number of turns of a spring affects its hardness and the elastic energy it can store. Springs with more turns are stiffer and can store more elastic energy than springs with fewer turns.
- Spring pitch: The spring pitch is the distance between adjacent turns of the spring. Springs with a larger pitch are easier to compress than springs with a smaller pitch.
Applications of compression springs
Compression springs are used in a wide range of applications, including:
- Automotive industry: Compression springs are used in shock absorbers, clutches and other automotive components.
- Industry: Compression springs are used in machines and devices to provide support and resistance.
- Construction: Compression springs are used in constructions to absorb impacts and provide support.
- Consumer electronics: Compression springs are used in a variety of consumer electronics, such as printers, scanners, cameras, and more.
- Medical industry: Compression springs are used in a variety of medical devices, such as patient beds, wheelchairs and prostheses.
How to choose compression springs
When selecting compression springs for a particular application, it is important to consider the following factors:
- Material: The choice of spring material depends on the conditions in which the spring will be used. If the spring will be exposed to corrosion, it is necessary to choose a spring made of a resistant material, such as stainless steel. If lightness is important, it is necessary to choose a spring made of a light material, such as titanium.
- Wire diameter: The diameter of the spring wire depends on the force it has to withstand. The greater the force, the larger the diameter of the wire must be for the spring.
- Number of turns: The number of turns of the spring depends on the hardness required. The higher the number of turns, the stiffer the spring.
- Spring pitch: The spring pitch depends on the amount of compressibility required.
Price of compression springs
The price of compression springs depends on the type of material, the diameter of the wire, the number of turns, the step of the spring, the size of the spring, the level of complexity of the spring itself and other factors.
When choosing compression springs, it is important to consider all the factors that can affect the price in order to find the best option for your budget.
For the price of the compression spring you are interested in, please contact us.